Do you want to distribute it on many PIs?
Then you are here to know how to do it.
I have been playing with RPI and Raspbian for quite sometime. I have customized Raspbian by removing unwanted modules and installing other modules like VLC media player, VNC server, on screen keyboard etc.
I wanted to backup this customized version of Raspbian and be able to redistribute it on many other RPIs. The solution is so simple and in fact was at my hand much earlier. The "Read" button in win32disk imager software brought my eye brows together. Yes. Here are the steps
- Have a raspbian image or any *.img file, on which you will be overwriting your customised version.
- Remove the SD card from your RPI and insert it to your PC. This one should be running the custom raspbian.
- Open win32disk imager.
- Browse the image file you wanted to overwrite and the SD card drive.
- Click the "read" button and confirm overwriting on the browsed image.
- Wait for it to overwrite..........
- Completed? and that becomes your customized version of Raspbian.
Yes you can redistribute it to many other PIs. I have tested it on two of my PIs (both model B)